|Job Ref. ID:
||Commercial – Marketing
||UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
||Full Time Employment (Limited Contract)
||ob Summary / Main Purpose
Portfolio Manager – GCC will be responsible for the regional marketing strategy to optimize promotion and marketing of Julphar products to increase revenue generation within the GCC region. The mission is to unlock revenue growth across the countries and create a strategic marketing direction for GCC Pharma Business. He/she will work closely with country managers and sales leaders to support sales growth as well as be responsible for developing the tailored marketing strategies and regional/local/tactical sales plans
Support & implement the strategic marketing road maps for all Julphar therapy line promotional planning.
Manage a wide spectrum of Therapeutic Areas and develop Therapeutic Management Analysis to explore better solutions for existing business and to identify growth opportunities in each one of them.
Portfolio Manager – GCC executes the sales promotional activities, placing the advertisements, and other marketing strategies. Responsible for product introduction & managing product life cycle.
The role holder drives the implementation of marketing initiatives and prepare effective strategies to position all processes according to business unit requirement and ensure optimal support to all global strategies.
He /She is expected to increase the Depth of Distribution and increase sales of existing products and for the launching of and sales of new products.
Mapping of Market Trend Analysis and competition advertising strategy and conducting market surveys through interaction with doctors, pharmacists and KOL; taking their feedback shall be another key function of the position. Controlling budgets effectively and allocate resources amongst projects
|Key responsibilities & Accountability:
||Key Responsibilities/ Key Results Area:
• Achieves GCC marketing and sales operational objectives by contributing marketing and sales information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews.
• Accomplishes marketing and sales objectives by planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating advertising, merchandising, and trade promotion programs; developing action plans to support Front line field sales team in all the countries in the region.
• Sustains rapport with key customers by making periodic visits; exploring specific needs; anticipating new opportunities.
• Determines/meets annual and gross-profit plans by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for region, projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products; analyzing trends and results; establishing pricing strategies; recommending selling prices; monitoring costs, competition, supply, and demand.
• Revise marketing plans for the strategic brands which provided by the global technical marketing/portfolio managers
• Responsible for Planning & implementation of all strategic initiatives related to marketing, brand management and trade marketing processes required for business expansion.
• Perform monthly business reviews with local sales/line managers to evaluate and monitor the sales achievement vs tactical plan implementation.
• Administer at least weekly physical sales meeting with the UAE team and T.C. with others that inspire the team plus keeping staff engaged and accountable, while disseminating key information.
• Approve and control all markets local expenses plus the commercial conditions related to ensure the brand profitability and ROI.
• Drive and lead in-market sales process in target markets by profoundly understanding customer and market needs in collaboration local Markets sales/country managers.
• Media planning and implementation for print, electronic and digital advertisements in an optimal manner shall be the key requirement of the role. Knowledge of Digital Marketing will be most desirable.
• Person should be able to lead operations with full responsibility for the Regional Marketing function ensuring revenue growth, top line & bottom line and provide strategic directions including long term planning, global product management, and expansion
• Responsible with country managers in setting the whole line's target & expenses and the needed commercial conditions to be shared with the global technical marketing team as per their respective brands.
• Decide with the country managers the suitable products and promotional mix which fits most the local/regional markets needs and priorities.
• Developing the GCC Regional strategic marketing direction, vision and mission
• Developing and communicating the regional marketing directions in terms of positioning statement, differentiation strategy and qualitative/quantitative objectives for Julphar GCC
• Identifies marketing opportunities by identifying consumer requirements; defining market, competitor's share, and competitor's strengths and weaknesses; forecasting projected business; establishing targeted market share.
• Lead the development of "Strategic growth plan for the GCC region" that led to clear portfolio choices and critical milestones that resulted in accelerating the growth.
• Monitor all GCC markets conditions, competitors' activities and collecting marketing information, including competitive benchmarks, trends and customer expectations in order to be used for updating their product plans
• Manage the regional marketing function with operational region by review historical and current performance, understand the business drivers behind that performance and proactively adjust to improve future performance.
• Leading the annual sales budget and forecasting process for GCC through working with country managers to ensure and confirm the achievement of franchises long-term marketing objective and the sales revenue with the highest bottom-line.
• Share best practices across countries, recognize opportunities that can be escalated to regional initiatives and help/support the top countries. Our intention is to have the best field force in the industry, which will positively affect our growth objectives.
• Initiate, design and continuously working motivational program for Sales team member’s motivation to comply with all appropriate rules and regulations and meet daily, monthly and annual sales goals
• Overseeing the implementation of the marketing strategy, analyzing the effectiveness of the strategies and rectifying the variances, if any
• Improves product marketability and profitability and Market share by researching, identifying, and capitalizing on market opportunities; improving product packaging; coordinating new product development.
|| - Education
||• 4 years University Degree -Bachelor of Science (Pharmacy / Biology/Medicine) with a master’s degree in Business / Marketing Management is critical for the fitment & success of this role
• Professional chartered marketer (CIM) is a plus
|| - Experience:
||• Have a minimum of 12+ years’ experience in Marketing primarily from Pharmaceuticals, OTC or FMCG Industry
• Broad Marketing Experience and therapy specific market knowledge in AFME region is must.
• Up to speed with current and online marketing techniques and best practices
• Ability to travel within the designated markets and surrounding areas in the pursuit of new and existing opportunities with at least 60% of the time allocated to field physical activities
• A total of at least 5+ years in leadership/management roles, managing high-performance technical-sales teams, coaching solution and account development strategies plus leadership roles in multi-tiered global organizations in diversified geographical markets and therapeutics segments are highly needed
• Professional chartered marketer (CIM) is a plus
• Experience working with matrixes, geographically distributed and functionally diverse work groups is preferred.
• Proven ability to build strong partnerships with the business, operations, Product Development function and other key stakeholders is required.
|| - Training:
||• In terms of Competency, you are highly result oriented with strong sense of accountability & ownership,
• Customer-oriented approach with strong aptitude.
• Having an Analytical mind with ability to think diversely and understand the big picture.
• You have excellent Business Acumen and Strategic Planning skills for diversified portfolio management coupled with strong influencing skills
• Excellent interpersonal, communications, public speaking, and presentation skills with multitask and Project Management experience
• Exceptional analytical & strategic skills, transformative, out-of-the-box thinking which may from time to time break the status-quo.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present strategy and results to staff members at every level of the organization.
• You are a team leader with a proactive and collaborative approach and enthusiastically manage team in good spirit.